In December 2018 a District Council pleaded guilty to breaching Section 3(1) of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and was fined £ 27,000 plus £ 7,500 costs, after a member of the public contracted Legionnaires’ Disease from a leisure centre hot and cold water system. The significant failings included not having suitable and sufficient Legionella Risk Assessments for the leisure facilities and not providing adequate control measures required for Legionella control.
Get your Shower Head Treated with Blue Horizons Extra Kleen Shower Kleen and comply with HSE L8
What Shower Kleen Treats…
- Highly effective shower head descaler and disinfectant that kills bacteria including legionella
- A quick and easy to use method of removing unsightly scale that harbors’ bacteria. Keeps shower heads and taps flowing freely and looking good
How to Treat…
- Use the product neat as supplied.
- Fully immerse shower head in solution and leave for 15 to 30 minutes or when scale is fully softened (i.e. when the solution stops fizzing)
- Scrub with a brush to remove all ‘softened’ scale
- Rinse shower components with water, prior to returning them for use
- One treatment every three months is all that is required to comply with HSE L8 approved code of practice and guidance for the control of legionella
Blue Horizons Commercial, Extra Kleen – If your requirement is to clean any of the
- Swimming pool areas and spa areas
- Toilet areas
- Gym floors including matting and gym equipment
- Showers, washrooms and changing rooms
You should seriously consider Extra Kleen, for the best results with the added benefits of killing
bacteria, including legionella and having minimal pH impact on your swimming pool or hot tub.